Tabs

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Megan Rapinoe, U.S. Soccer Star, Goes on Record: "I'm Gay"


First, Anderson Cooper. Then, Frank Ocean. Now... Megan Rapinoe.
In the latest issue of Out, the U.S. soccer star says she's never hidden her sexuality, but she's never made it official, either. Until now. Simply put, Rapinoe tells the publication:
"For the record: I am gay."
Megan Rapinoe Picture
A midfielder for the Seattle Sounders Women, Rapinoe is preparing for the Summer Olympics in London and makes it clear she understands her responsibility now as a role model.
"I feel like sports in general are still homophobic, in the sense that not a lot of people are out. I feel everyone is really craving [for] people to come out. People want - they need - to see that there are people like me playing soccer for the good ol' U.S. of A."
Rapinoe has been dating an Australian soccer player for about three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment